YARD RULES & SAFETY POLICIES
Please (be) advised! Your safety and the safety of other customers is top priority. Please read and understand all of our safety policies before using the yard.
- You must be 18 or older to enter the yard.
- We only accept cash or credit card…no checks.
- TearAPart reserves the right to deny admission to anyone.
- You are allowed to bring portable compressors and generators.
- No jacks are allowed, as all parts are easily accessible.
- Bring your own tools, for we do not loan or rent tools.
- We cannot allow customers to bring their own parts into the yard.
- TearAPart reserves the right to check all tool boxes, totes, bags, cases, etc., upon entering and leaving the yard.
- Any theft or vandalism will be reported and prosecuted.
- The yard is clearly marked notifying customers the area of business and the areas that are off limits to customers.
- Fluids have been drained and batteries removed.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the yard.
- Sandals or open toe shoes are not permitted.
- Torches are not permitted.
- No pets allowed in the yard.
- Anyone not obeying our rules and policies, or we feel is a threat to the safety of others will be asked to leave.
- If a vehicle is wrecked it means it was driving when wrecked.
- Check part prices before removing any part(s).
- Bring your own hand and battery operated tools.
- Engine hoist and wheel barrows are available for use only at Tear A Part.
- All parts are accessible, therefore you do not need jacks and they are not permitted in the yard.
- All vehicles are conveniently grouped together in sections by make.
- Some parts may interchange with other models.
- New vehicles arrive daily if you are not able to locate a part, let our sales staff help you locate the part.
- Your safety is our priority, so please report any unsafe conditions or actions to a TearAPart employee.
- Wear the appropriate clothing such as, safety glasses, closed toe shoes, jeans or coveralls.
- If you are pulling a heavy part bring another person to help you out.
You are looking for a starter for a ’99 Buick Lesabre, but did you know 11 other cars were built with that same starter?
- BONNEVILLE 1998-2001
- CAMARO 1998-2001
- EIGHTY EIGHT 1998-1999
- FIREBIRD 1998-2001
- GRAND PRIX 1998-2000
- INTRIGUE 1998-1999
- LESABRE 1998-2001
- LUMINA CAR 1998-1999
- MONTE CARLO 1998-2000
- PARK AVENUE 1998-2001
- REGAL 1998-2000
CHEVY PICKUP ENGINE
Need a whole engine assembly for a 1998 Chevy 1500 Pickup? Well you’re in luck since this engine can be found in 12 other vehicles as well.
- CHEVROLET VAN 1996-2002
- GMC VAN 1996-2002
- CHEVY 1500 PICKUP 1996-1999
- CHEVY 2500 PICKUP 1996-2000
- CHEVY 3500 PICKUP 1996-2000
- GMC 1500 PICKUP 1996-1999
- GMC 2500 PICKUP 1996-2000
- GMC 3500 PICKUP 1996-2000
- ESCALADE 1999-2000
- CHEVY TAHOE 1996-2000
- GMC YUKON 1996-2000
- CHEVY SUBURBAN 1996-1999
WHAT IS A “SELF-SERVE, AUTO PARTS RECYCLER”?
Tear-A-Part’s store displays thousands of junked cars and trucks on stands, arranged in rows, and separated by manufacturer. Bring your own tools to remove the parts, drive train components or any other accessories you need to fix or improve your car.
WHY SHOULD I REMOVE MY OWN PARTS?
Tear-A-Part's philosophy is: since you do all the work, you enjoy all the savings. Our parts are sold at a fraction of what a dealer would charge and well below the cost of a traditional auto parts yard.If you would like to have someone pull your part, please contact a customer service representative.
WHY BUY AUTO PARTS FROM Tear-A-Part?
Using our quality recycled parts saves money, energy, resources and landfill space.
Quality parts at unbelievably low prices saving you up 75% of retail pricing.
Our huge inventory includes lots of hard-to-find parts.
Our parts are generally considerably less expensive than traditional parts sources.
Our shopping experience and excellent customer service can't be beat.
New vehicles arrive daily to ensure a fresh, wide selection of parts.
Our easy to use website lets you check inventory and get an instant quote for cash for your junk car.
Our computerized Parts Interchange System identifies all vehicles containing the part you need.
Worry-free purchasing thanks to our 30 day parts exchange policy. If a part breaks or doesn't fit in your vehicle, you are welcome to come back and pull another similar part.
We accept all major credit and debit cards and cash. (Sorry, no checks.)
Open 7 days a week for your purchasing convenience.
CAN I EXPECT TO FIND HIGH-QUALITY PARTS?
Yes! Most of the parts at Tear-A-Part are the original components the manufacturer installed when the car was built.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE PART DOES NOT WORK OR FIT PROPERLY?
If the part you bought does not work or fit properly and you return it within 30 days of purchase, we will either exchange your part or give you cash.
WHY DO YOU CHARGE A SMALL ENTRANCE FEE AND ENVIRONMENTAL FEE ON PURCHASES?
Our minimal fees help to offset the expenses of maintaining a state-of-the-art auto parts recycling center.
WHAT IS A CORE CHARGE AND WHY DO SOME PARTS HAVE THEM?
CORE stands for Cash on Receipt of Exchange. To insure that as many parts get recycled as possible, a CORE charge is added to the purchase price of some parts. The CORE charge is refunded if your original part is returned to us within 30 days of purchase. Think of a core charge just as you would a deposit.
DO YOU CHARGE TO USE A WHEELBARROW OR ENGINE HOIST?
Both a wheelbarrow and an engine hoist are available for your use, free of charge. No other tools are provided.
DO YOU BUY JUNKED AUTOS? HOW MUCH DO YOU PAY?
Yes! We do buy junked vehicles even if they no longer run. The value of a car varies depending on the model and condition of the car. To find out how much we'd be willing to pay for your car please contact our buying center in Ogden 801-564-6960 or Salt Lake 801-886-2345, or click here to complete the Sell Your Vehicle on-line form.
WILL YOU REMOVE MY CAR OR DO I HAVE TO DELIVER IT TO YOU?
We'd be happy to arrange towing for you. However, if you bring it to us, we typically pay more for your junked auto.
I'VE CHECKED THE INVENTORY AND COULDN'T FIND THE CAR THAT MATCHES THE MODEL I NEED PARTS FOR. DOES THAT MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE THE PART I NEED?
Many parts are used on more than one car model. We provide a FREE in-store, interchange system to locate other vehicles that have the exact same parts. With over 1,500 vehicles on location, chances are good we have what you need. Check out our Interchange System in action.
Prices are the same for all makes, models and years. We accept cash and the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Sorry, but we cannot accept personal checks.
You must keep the original receipt in order for us to process any core return, exchange or store credit.If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return the original item that was purchased within 30 days of the original purchase. Item must be the original part purchased, must be properly marked with the original TearAPart marking and you must have the original purchase receipt. Items can be exchanged for matching parts or returned for a store credit. Labor to pull the replacement part from our yard or to install the part is not included. Parts disassembled after purchase cannot be exchanged or returned.Consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under this Exchange Policy.This Exchange Policy is only available to the original purchaser.TearAPart does not provide a refund nor an in store credit for admission fees.TearAPart will not accept returns on parts disassembled after purchase. Be sure to find a TearAPart employee to mark your parts after purchase in case you need to return them.